Mass Media II | Video: Present & Future

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Product Review: Cameras


One of my favorite hobbies is photography, but when it comes to cameras, I wouldn’t say I am a connoisseur. For my product review, I am going to compare the four different cameras I use when out and about.

The first camera I am going to review is the Fujifilm Quicksnap Flash 400. This is the only film camera on the list and initially the cheapest running about $12 each. This 35mm disposable film camera is a one-time-use camera and takes 27 photos. They are super easy to use and create beautifully grainy pictures. One of the biggest cons is that because they are disposable, you have to develop the film, which is about $10-$15 for each roll. This means you have to buy a new one every 27 pictures. So, even though the pictures are aesthetically pleasing it can become pricey if you make this camera your habit. 
Fujifilm Quicksnap (2021)
The next camera is the Sony DSCH300. This is the first camera I ever owned. I remember feeling like I was making a huge purchase with its retail price coming in at about $200. This camera shoots at 20.1 megapixels and has a 35X optical zoom. One of the biggest cons of this camera is it runs on 4 AA batteries and they don’t keep the camera charged long. The ISO of this camera is 80-3200, which doesn’t make it ideal for low-lighting situations. I don’t use this camera much anymore, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t as good as the others. This camera is great for beginners and I am so appreciative of all the memories this bad boy brought me. 


Sony DSC-H300 sample photo. "Animal, beautiful, beauty" photography
Sony DSCH300 by ujwal_kirad


The newest addition to my collection is my Nikon Coolpix A100. These run at about $300, but I got lucky and ordered an open box on eBay for $50. These cameras were a staple in Y2k culture, everyone in the early 2000s had one. I even remember when my oldest sister was in middle school, she and all of her friends had a Coolpix. This camera has a 10X optical zoom and a 20.1-megapixel sensor. It also comes with a lithium battery, which is rechargeable and holds a surprisingly long amount of power. What drew me to this camera is its size. It’s compact and specifically easy to sneak into concerts which is my biggest problem with my Sony DSCH300 and Nikon D3500.


Nikon Coolpix A100 sample photo 450px 288369759
Nikon Coolpix A100 by William RG 


The last camera on my list is my Nikon D3500 DSLR. This camera is by far the most expensive camera on this list. It is about $700 for the two-lens kit. With its automatic settings, it is as easy to use as the Nikon Coolpix point and shoot. In addition, it offers manual settings, which makes it really fun to experiment with lighting, shutter speed, and aperture. This is my go-to when I am at concerts, the only problem is most venues won’t let me in with it. It has an ISO of 100-25,600, so it is ideal for low-lighting. It also has Bluetooth which makes it very convenient for downloading pictures straight to my phone. The lenses are interchangeable, one of them is an 18-55mm lens and is what I typically use for portraits. The other, larger 70-300mm lens is awesome for when I am far from my subject. I love this camera and even though it is expensive, it’s worth all the money. 

Nikon D3500 18mm (2022)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]